- Capacity: scientist, photographer, writer, bookmaker
- Languages: English, German, Hoisan (台山話), Cantonese (廣東話), French, Spanish
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- RTW: Over 114000 kilometres (71000 miles) in the air, across 389 consecutive days
BUYING MY WORK
- To inquire about the usage or purchase of my photographs, please contact me.
- To engage readers (and their eyeballs) with words and photographs.
- To encourage the beautiful art of making a photograph.
- To learn what moves people to create art
- To cultivate interest and travel to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, because there’s a lot more to these places than beer, clocks, & sausage.
Sometimes, I get the feeling, whether it’s real or imagined, that some are amazed outsiders come and visit towns which are apparently out of the way. Occasionally, it’s the sheer force and inertia of riding all that came before; we follow because masses of people before us set down the well-trodden path. The story gets real, when I stop someone and ask in German a question of history, why is this the way it is, or why they live there; when a particular moment and subsequent recognition present unique opportunities for an interaction that gets me inside a place’s history. While some view history as “boring” or “uninteresting,” it’s knowing little pieces of that background which effectively become a “feel” for the geographic-DNA or -makeup of the city and surrounding region. Sometimes, it’s ugly, and sometimes it’s pedantic. Sometimes, it’s beautiful, but more often than not, it’s necessary.
- “old & busted”: Canon EOS450D (XSi) shutter failure after 5 years of faithful service.
- “new hotness”: Canon EOS6D & 24-105L IS USM; along with 50/1.4 USM & 70-300 IS USM.
FEATURES, CREDITS, & MENTIONS
- Featured on bonjourberlin, 15 April 2016.
- Featured on Misadventures with Andi, 6 October 2015.
- Photograph of Oriole Park at Camden Yards as ‘September 2015’ in the 2015-2016 calendar for the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
- Featured on Maria Falvey’s Wordless Wednesday, 4 June 2014.
- Featured on A Cook Not Mad’s Honest Food Tales with “Four Ways to Conch in the Bahamas”, 16 May 2014.
- Featured on Maptia with “Skygazing from the Shoulders of the Chilean Andes”, 7 May 2014.
- Guest post “Fotoeins’ 5 Fave Spots in Southern Germany” on GoEuro blog, 4 April 2014.
- Featured on YVR (Vancouver) Bloggers, 3 March 2014.
- Video interview by Ricky Shetty for YVR Bloggers, YouTube, 3 March 2014.
- Guest post “Fotoeins’ Fave 5 Spots in Northern Germany” on GoEuro blog, 20 February 2014.
- Featured on Maptia with “I Love You, Prague”, 16 February 2014.
- Featured on Maptia, Culinary Adventures theme, with “It’s Like Coming Home in Hong Kong”, 1 February 2014.
- Quoted by Lola Åkerström for her presentation, “How Stockholm Is Perceived”, to StockholmsDagen (Stockholm Day), January 2014.
- Featured among GoEuro’s Best Travel Bloggers of 2013, 27 December 2013.
- Guest post “The ABCs of Travel Photography” on GoEuro blog, 21 November 2013.
- Interview for GoEuro, 15 November 2013.
- Interview for The Working Traveler, 2 December 2011.
- My photo as Christmas card for Mr. Farid Müller, member of Hamburg state parliament for Hamburg Mitte, Christmas 2011.
For Social Media icons, I’ve used 20 Social Media Icons by Dawid Dapszus, Vector Social Media Icons by IconDock.com; Mono Social Icons, created by Double J Design for Icon Dock; and icons by Ariel Lepor of GreenLeaf Imaging. I’ve also been using letter and number icons by Nicolas Mollet for various Google Maps.
Unless specified, all text and photos here on fotoeins.com are by Henry Lee © 2010-2016.