Our time in the American Southwest was much more than the extensive drives, more than the 3100 miles accumulated on the road. We were eager to sample the food, and specifically, the sustained burst of heat from red and green chiles famously represented in New Mexico. The following are some of our favourite flavours with visuals providing reasons why we were not disappointed and why we have to go back.
- Abiquiú, NM: Purple Adobe Lavender Farm.
- Albuquerque, NM : Mary & Tito’s Cafe.
- Flagstaff, AZ : Satchmo’s.
- Pie Town, NM : Pie-O-Neer Pies.
- Santa Fe, NM : Farmers Market, Posa’s El Merendero.