This all seems like an age ago, done in someone else’s life.
After achieving advanced degrees in physics (M.Sc.) and astronomy (Ph.D.), I was research astronomer for almost two decades in places like Toronto (Canada), Heidelberg (Germany), Minneapolis (USA), and La Serena (Chile). I’ve written short pieces about my time in Chile:
There aren’t many images of me at research meetings, but in 2008, I attended a joint Subaru-Gemini Observatory workshop on a possible new observation instrument called WFMOS; the workshop was hosted by the Marriott Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii. Below is a group portrait of the workshop attendees; I’m under the arrow. Unfortunately, I don’t know to whom the photo should be attributed.
What follows are published research papers in astronomical journals and volumes. The first item is my doctoral dissertation in the Government of Canada’s Library and Archives Theses Canada Portal. The remaining items are research papers I published as first- or lead-author in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- The environmental impact of the Virgo Cluster on the evolution of dwarf irregular galaxies, Ph. D., York University, 2001.
- “The Dwarf Irregular Galaxy UGC 7636 Exposed: Stripping at Work in the Virgo Cluster”, Henry Lee et al. 2000, The Astrophysical Journal, 530, L17.
- “Uncovering Additional Clues to Galaxy Evolution. I. Dwarf Irregular Galaxies in the Field”, Henry Lee et al. 2003, The Astronomical Journal, 125, 146.
- “Uncovering Additional Clues to Galaxy Evolution. II. The Environmental Impact of the Virgo Cluster on the Evolution of Dwarf Irregular Galaxies”, Henry Lee et al. 2003, The Astronomical Journal, 125, 2975.
- “Chemical Abundances of H II Regions in the Starburst Galaxy NGC 1705”, Henry Lee and Evan D. Skillman, 2004, The Astrophysical Journal, 614, 698.
- “Investigating the Possible Anomaly between Nebular and Stellar Oxygen Abundances in the Dwarf Irregular Galaxy WLM”, Henry Lee et al. 2005, The Astrophysical Journal, 620, 223.
- “The Spatial Homogeneity of Nebular and Stellar Oxygen Abundances in the Local Group Dwarf Irregular Galaxy NGC 6822”, Henry Lee et al. 2006, The Astrophysical Journal, 642, 813.
- “On Extending the Mass-Metallicity Relation of Galaxies by 2.5 Decades in Stellar Mass”, Henry Lee et al. 2006, The Astrophysical Journal, 647, 970.
- “Interstellar medium oxygen abundances of dwarf irregular galaxies in Centaurus A and nearby groups”, Henry Lee et al. 2007, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 376, 820.