• A Coast Salish artist from Musqueam First Nation in Vancouver, Susan Point is highly acclaimed, both nationally and internationally.
• “Blue Herons“, originally commissioned for the Richmond Olympic Oval.
• Shown above is the 3rd of 3 panels, carved and painted red cedar.
• Blue heron surrounded by salmon on the Fraser River; animals and physical setting vital to the Musqueam people, their culture and history, and to the health of the regional ecosystem.
• Panels installed 2008 within the Technology & Science Complex 1 (TASC 1) at Simon Fraser University.
I made the photo above on 8 Nov 2020 with a Fujifilm X70 fixed-lens 18.5/28 prime and the following settings: 1/60-sec, f/3.6, and ISO4000. This post appears on Fotoeins Fotografie at fotoeins DOT com as https://wp.me/p1BIdT-kJz.