Featured: Of the 150 people to become new Canadian citizens, 3 of the youngest Canadians cut into the cake for the cameras on Canada’s 150th birthday at the Citizenship Ceremony held inside the Vancouver Convention Centre.
For the 5th consecutive year, I’m out and about on the Canadian national holiday. 2017 is a special year with the sesquicentennial or 150 years as a nation. Over a “marathon” lasting 16 hours from about 5am to 9pm, I’m going from one part of Vancouver to another of the metropolitan area to photograph people and locations dressed up or covered in red; many events are happening on the city’s waterfront at Canada Place.
Here are 17 photographs for Canada Day, 1 July 2017.
Click on the arrow-window icon at the upper-left corner of the map below to display locations corresponding to the photographs.
Oh Canada …
• 4th edition – Canada Day 2016
• 3rd edition – Canada Day 2015
• 2nd edition – Canada Day 2014
• 1st edition – Canada Day 2013
• The National Anthem with the Heritage Horns, 12pm daily in Vancouver
• The National Flag, official since 1965
• Canadian symbols, including the national anthem
I made all of the photos on 1 July 2017. This post appears on Fotoeins Fotografie at fotoeins.com as http://wp.me/p1BIdT-a6a.