Taste Vancouver Food Tours provides an excursion through one of Vancouver’s oldest neighbourhoods with nuggets of history and morsels of food. Over 2.5 hours in Gastown, we make the following stops (see list below) where there’s enough food in total to fill a person up, but there are individual standouts where we wanted more.
- Starbucks – Waterfront Station
- SteamWorks Brew Pub – website
- Brioche Urban Eatery – website
- 131 Water Kitchen & Bar – website
- Peckinpah – website
- Bao Down Gastown – website, see also my 1-picture post
- Soft Peaks – website
- Trees Organic Gastown – website
- Canadian Maple Delights (Délices Érable & Cie) – website
- Roger’s Chocolates – website
I’ll let the following pictures do the talking and describing, but my 3 favourites are the Bao Chicka Bao Bao sandwich at Bao Down, the Sicilian tortellini at 131 Water, and the pulled pork sandwich at Peckinpah.
Click on the “arrow-window” icon at the upper-left corner of the map below to view the locations on the Gastown Food Tour (4 May 2016).
Other posts by Joan Boxall