Hi, my name is Henry Lee and I was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
After almost two decades in astronomy research and service, I decided to one up and leave, and travel around the world for the entire 2012 year. During the travel year, I had two decisions: what to do next, and where to go next. One of these decisions is difficult enough, but two of them at the same time can be huge.
On 24 December 2011, I left Chile for the last time, I set out across the globe, I got to engage with the world in a way I never knew I could before, and I met some interesting people along the way. Throughout 2012, I auditioned every place I visited as a potential candidate city to move.
I returned to Vancouver, Canada on 15 January 2013 after 389 days of being out on the road (even in my city of birth). On 5 March 2013, I flew out from Vancouver and arrived 7 March in Sydney, Australia to start something new.
I’ve become very passionate about photography, although I arrived at photography late. I purchased my first point-and-shoot camera in 2005, followed by an entry-level digital-SLR in 2008. I hope I’ve been able to bring different parts of the world into view and focus for the reader by providing commentary and photography from the many places I’ve visited.
I’ll continue submitting photos and posts from recent travels and stories of interest.
The navigation bar at the top of every page consists of the following menu items:
- Blog : featured posts.
- Galleries : photo galleries.
- Places : out-and-about in places I’ve visited and about which I’ve written.
- About : about me and about this blog; it’s the very page you’re reading now.
- Contact : how to reach me.
- Other : additional categories include Christmas, Food, and Road Warrior.
Follow me on
- Twitter (@fotoeins): http://twitter.com/fotoeins
- Instagram: http://instagr.am/fotoeins
- Facebook Page: http://fb.me/fotoeins
- Facebook profile: http://fb.me/henrylflee
- Tumblr: http://fotoeins.tumblr.com
- Flickr: http://flic.kr/zustand
- Foursquare: http://foursquare.com/fotoeins
- Google+: http://gplus.to/fotoeins
CREATIVE COMMONS & LOGO
There is a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License for this blog/website. Images and text may be used elsewhere only for non-commercial purposes, and may not be altered. If you use any of the material, please attribute and provide a link back to fotoeins.com; thanks!
The logo is a simple "FF" representing the initials of this blog, my own initials in blue at the centre, all surrounded by a circle for traveling around the world.
External credits & mentions:
- RTW interview with The Working Traveler, 2011 December 2
- One of my photos as Christmas card for Mr. Farid Müller, member of Hamburg state parliament for Hamburg Mitte