ASPIRATION & INTENT
- To become a better storyteller in words and with photographs.
- To encourage the beautiful art of making a photograph.
- To learn what moves people to create art
- To encourage and support travel to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, because there’s a lot more than beer, clocks, & sausage.
How can I help get the word out on Germany, Austria, and Switzerland? (Was kann ich für Sie tun, um Tourismus in Deutschland, Österreich, und die Schweiz zu bewerben?)
- Name: Henry Lee
- Origin & current location: Vancouver, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
- Languages: English, German, Hoisan (台山話), Cantonese (廣東話), French, Spanish
- Around-the-world (RTW) trip: 389 consecutive days, 24 Dec 2011 – 15 Jan 2013
- Past life: Recovering astronomer
Sometimes, I get the feeling, whether it’s real or imagined, that some are amazed outsiders come and visit towns which are apparently out of the way. Occasionally, it’s the sheer force and inertia of riding all that came before; we follow because masses of people before us set down the well-trodden path. The story gets real, when I stop someone and ask in German a question of history, why is this the way it is, or why they live there; when a particular moment and subsequent recognition present a unique opportunity for an interaction that gets me inside a place’s history. While some might view history as “boring” or “uninteresting,” it’s knowing little pieces of that background which effectively become a “feel” for the geographic-DNA or -makeup of the city and surrounding region. Sometimes, it’s ugly, and sometimes it’s pedantic. Sometimes, it’s beautiful, but more often than not, it’s simply necessary.
- “old & busted”: Canon EOS450D (XSi) shutter failure after 5 years of faithful service.
- “new hotness”: Canon EOS6D with 24-105L IS USM, 50/1.4 USM, and 70-300 IS USM.
You can find and follow me at any of the following:
- About.me: about.me/fotoeins
- Facebook: facebook.com/fotoeins
- 500px: 500px.com/fotoeins
- Flickr: flickr.com/zustand
- Foursquare: foursquare.com/fotoeins
- Google Plus: plus.google.com/+HenryLee
- Instagram: instagram.com/fotoeins
- LinkedIn: www.linked.com/in/henrylflee
- Tumblr: fotoeins.tumblr.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/fotoeins (@fotoeins)
FEATURES, CREDITS, & MENTIONS
- Photograph of Oriole Park at Camden Yards as ‘September 2015’ in the 2015-2016 calendar by the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
- Featured on Maria Falvey’s Wordless Wednesday, 4 June 2014.
- Featured on A Cook Not Mad’s Honest Food Tales with “Four Ways to Conch in the Bahamas”, 16 May 2014.
- Featured on Maptia with “Skygazing from the Shoulders of the Chilean Andes”, 7 May 2014.
- Guest post “Fotoeins’ 5 Fave Spots in Southern Germany” on GoEuro blog, 4 April 2014.
- Featured on YVR (Vancouver) Bloggers, 3 March 2014.
- Video interview by Ricky Shetty for YVR Bloggers, YouTube, 3 March 2014.
- Guest post “Fotoeins’ Fave 5 Spots in Northern Germany” on GoEuro blog, 20 February 2014.
- Featured on Maptia with “I Love You, Prague”, 16 February 2014.
- Featured on Maptia, Culinary Adventures theme, with “It’s Like Coming Home in Hong Kong”, 1 February 2014.
- Quoted by Lola Åkerström for her presentation, “How Stockholm Is Perceived”, to StockholmsDagen (Stockholm Day), January 2014.
- Featured among GoEuro’s Best Travel Bloggers of 2013, 27 December 2013.
- Guest post “The ABCs of Travel Photography” on GoEuro blog, 21 November 2013.
- Interview for GoEuro, 15 November 2013.
- Interview for The Working Traveler, 2 December 2011.
- My photo as Christmas card for Mr. Farid Müller, member of Hamburg state parliament for Hamburg Mitte, Christmas 2011.
For Social Media icons, I’ve used 20 Social Media Icons by Dawid Dapszus, Vector Social Media Icons by IconDock.com; Mono Social Icons, created by Double J Design for Icon Dock; and icons by Ariel Lepor of GreenLeaf Imaging. I’ve also been using letter and number icons by Nicolas Mollet for various Google Maps.
Unless specified, all text and photos here on fotoeins.com are by Henry Lee © 2010-2016.